Tuesday 5 May 2009

I have not left yet

I am still at home. This is mainly because I have had quite a lot of work to do in the last few weeks. But also - I have yet to sort out my life - like my accounts and tax. And then there is the weather - white caps on the waves outside my window - and a cold wind blowing. Current plan is to try to leave at the end of next week - around 15th May - assuming decent weather.

I hope the weather, the work and the life is not just an excuse. I do find the prospect of crossing the Humber, the Wash and the Thames intimidating now that I have filled the boat with food and water - and the dream starts to get nearer - - . I have not sailed south from here before, although I went to the Shetlands two years ago - but that looks somehow easier. Or was I younger and more optimistic?

No comments: