Wednesday 27 May 2009

Wells beach and boat maintenance


21-30: I am beginning to forget which day of the week it is. This is part of the point of the expedition. I do like being in a really nice harbour.

Today - essential maintenance things - like doing the washing and trying to buy a cleat. After lunch I had a ride on a wee train that takes people out to the beach - I did not stay long because it was getting late and I did not want to miss the last train.


Note the channel bouy on the sand - warning to come up and down the channel with care. It is over a mile out to the sea - fun - and I will be back.

There are plans here to dredge the outer reaches of the channel and build pontoons by the LifeBoat station - to facilitate servicing wind farms. This to the benefit of the town and the harbour - but has annoyed the owners of second homes and expensive flats!

No comments: