Friday 19 March 2010

Woodbridge end of the line + an update

20-00 hrs: A train from London coming into Woodbridge station. This picture has no particular relevance to the post! I just took it yesterday.

If you have not heard from me lately - this is because I have a new bad habit. Time was when I wrote blogs, letters and emails at various times in the day and especially in the evening. Now I watch TV and DVDs (at least in the evening) - I am hoping the novelty will wear off without a big effort.

I am feeling a lot better than I did a couple of weeks ago. I hope this lasts! I am pottering around doing the usual things - domestic stuff, going to University of the Third age groups and messing about a little bit with boats. I am hoping the boating bits will increase as the weather improves. I continue to go to the fitness centre and am still improving my muscle tone. The big problem is still breathlessness if I do not pace my walking speed.

I started on a different mode of taking the chemotherapy a couple of weeks ago. I get capsules from the oncology unit in the hospital but take them at home. This is much less hassle and seems to produce fewer side effects - which I also hope will last. Obviously.

No comments: