Monday 28 June 2010

lookfar's third cruise - -

17-10 hrs: still too busy to take pictures - but Aidan may have one.
This time we went out and came back on one tide. What I really want to say is that we sailed downstream and back -  and just got in on the falling tide - hit the rudder on the sill but not the keel. I am probably going to get a new engine - the old one does not work to my satisfaction - cuts out at low revs.

Today - AGM of U3A - and I am now on the committee to represent the web team - sigh -  I think is the right response.

3 comments:

sarah said...

Brilliant brilliant. We had a great time at Coniston this last weekend, sailing canoeing and general pirate adventure- including landing on Wild Cat Island. Got to blast about in a laser in good breeze and sunshine too -fantastic xx

Anonymous said...

May be a ventilation problem. Apparently outboards in wells do not exhaust under water at low revs - not enough pressure. So exhaust fumes choke the air intake. We have this problem. Peter Shaw

Lorna Scammell said...

I shall watch out for this as the well is very tight really. difficult to see how to cure it. Thanks.