Friday 19 August 2011

Thursday - I escape from the anchorage and hole up in Titchmarsh

In the marina - the cover needed due to heavy rain
I got up early again in order to escape a bad anchoring experience. I had to wait unti the boat refloated so was not free to go until 7-30. I had to use a number of techniques to get the anchor up - I did not have the strength to pull it against the wind. Lots of motoring and eventually dragged it into deep water.

I then anchored again on the way to Titchmarsh to wait for the tide - by Stony Point. I made a mess of this too although I motored it out in the end.

I enjoyed the waves going down Hamford water towards the river up to Titchmarsh - but was freaked out by the problems with anchoring and the strength of the wind.

Into Titchmarsh by 11-15. Very tired and slept all afternoon whilst the rain lashed down. Put up the cover after the rain - and then went to the carvery in the marina for supper. Very heavy rain on the way back - no umbrella so a lot of damp clothes. A rather bad day really.

No comments: